Study In Canada

In Canada, each province and territory is in charge of its own education system. Canada’s schools are divided into two main categories:

Primary and secondary schools

Primary schools are the ones that teach students from grades 1-8. Schools that teach students up to the grades 9-12 are known as secondary schools. As an international student, you can enrol your kids in Canada’s primary and secondary schools as international students.

Post-secondary schools

Education after grade 12 is called post-secondary education. The following are called post-secondary schools:

  • colleges
  • universities
  • private career colleges and
  • vocational and technical schools.

Each post-secondary school has its own set of rules on how to apply, marks required, the level of English or French required etc.

Designated learning institutions

Provinces and territories approve some schools that can enrol international students. These schools are known as designated learning institutions (DLI). In order to apply for a study permit, you need a letter of acceptance (LOA) from a DLI. If an institution is not a DLI, IRCC will refuse your application. All primary and secondary schools in Canada are DLIs. You can search a list of the post-secondary schools that have been designated.

Once you choose a school, college or university, you must apply online to get an acceptance letter. Schools usually charge an application fee to apply and school websites provide details about tuition fees, minimum education and language requirements. We can help you choose a school and give you options based on the province you want to study in and the type of program you want to choose. Make sure you contact  apply at least:

  • six months in advance if you want to study at a primary or secondary school,
  • a year in advance for a post-secondary program at a university, college, etc.

Apply online

Most students must apply for a study permit before entering Canada. In some cases, a person can apply for a study permit from within Canada or at the port of entry. You must apply online for a study permit, whether you’re outside or inside Canada

You’re only eligible to apply on paper if you

  • have a disability that prevents you from applying online
  • hold an identity or travel document for non-national residents, refugees or stateless persons

The study permit application fees in most cases include:

  • application processing fees (CAD 150)
  • biometrics fees (CAD 85)

In addition to that, you may need to pay third-party fees like language exam, medical exam, police certificates. You also need to pay some part of tuition fees depending on the category under which you apply, and show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada.

If you are a student and wish to apply Contact us.